May 2011 Newsletter

What You Need To Teach Your Young Adult, I Have A Will From Another State. Do I Need A Texas Will?, I Lost My Share Certificate. What Do I […]

Protecting Ourselves And Our Loved Ones, Personally And For Business

A. Personal Items We Should All Have:

Medical Power of Attorney
Statutory Durable Power of Attorney (for financial matters)

B. Personal Items We Should At Least Consider Having:

Directive to Physicians (also known as a “Living Will”)
Declaration In Event of Guardianship
Declaration In Event of Guardianship for Minor Children
Disposition of Remains

o   Life Insurance

June 2010 Newsletter

Home-grown Wills & Powers of Attorney for Unmarried Couples as […]

May 2010 Newsletter

Holographic Wills in Texas, Medical Powers of Attorney for College Students, and What are […]

Student Going Off To College Soon? One Thing They Need To Have.

If you have a young adult that is going off to college, you really need to send them off with a Medical Power of Attorney.

When your children were little, you were their natural guardian.  You could make all their decisions regarding medical care.  The day that they turned 18 years old, all of that changed.  […]

Medical Power of Attorney v. Physicians Directive/Living Will

A Medical Power of Attorney (MPOA) allows you to appoint an agent to make medical decisions for you when you are unable to make those decisions yourself. Those decisions may cover the giving or withholding of Band-Aids clear up to life support. The MPOA does not say what your wishes are; just who you want […]